The Department of Membrane Technologies is equipped with experimental laboratories, pilot membrane and sorption machines, best quality equipment for chemical and microbiological analysis as a decent knowledge base for future practice-oriented specialists (Masters and PhD) training.
Research accomplishments of the Department:
Processed citrus fruit and grape juice concentrates to a high content of complex method of making;
Developed individual (Family) consumption drinking water filtering equipment;
Developed filtering devices to treat and produce biologically pure high quality water for collective water consumption, which can be used in city parks, public places, schools, gardens, etc.;
Developed and introduced new methods for determining the parameters of electro-functional systems;
The solution has been designed automatic control system to direct the flow regime of reverse electric dialysis devices;
- International Research Center Grant:
- ISTC / G-1302 ,, Разработка технологического процесса получения нового вида калийсодержащих удобрений, создание и испытание экспериментальной установки ". (Dir. - Raul Gotsiridze, Manager - Gizo Lanchava); (Development of technological process of producing a new type of potassium-based fertilizers, creation and testing of the experimental setup)
- CNSF / STO 7/7 -250 – ‘Technology development for electric dialysis treatment of waste water, containing ions of heavy metals, mainly copper; Formulation of recommendations and rendering primary data for projection / engineering electric dialysis devices’.
Research Director R. Gotsiridze, Manager Lamzira Kontselidze.
- 09 GNSF / STO8 / 5-439 – ‘Fruit processing with non-waste technology to create environmentally friendly complex’.
- Scientific Director: Irina Bezhanidze; Manager Tina Kharebava.