Department of Hospitality Management
Head: Assistant Professor Irakli Kordzaia
Department of Hospitality Management is a major educational, academic and scientific structural unit consisting of the academic personnel and assisting staff from the tourism industry, as well as by the invited specialists.
The academic staff of the Department is composed of 1 professor and 2 assistant professors. The task force consists of the visiting professors, adjunct professors, professional practitioners and international experts.
Professional Educational Programs:
• Hotel proceedings - 10 months (IV level, 1 national exam)
• Hotel proceedings - 10 months (III stage of secondary education)
• Restaurant proceedings - 4 months (III stage of secondary education)
The educational program - Tourism - 4 years.
The educational program (minor) - Tourism - 2 years.
• To determine role of operating strategies in the hotel business development;
• To administer changes management in a tourism company;
• To develop integrated marketing communications as tools of advancement tourism product;
• To establish basic framework of methodology for formation and implementation of innovative tourism products;
• To set regional tourism industry development strategy in the context of globalization;
• To form management mechanism of the of a tourism sector organizations with the use of outsourcing;
• To form integrated system of management for sustainable development of tourism;
1 Charles R. Goeldner, J. R. Brent Ritchie Tourism: Principles, Practices, Philosophies, 12th edition, 554 pages. Translated into Georgian, Batumi Shota Rustaveli Publishing, 2013.
2. Paata Chaganava. Tourism policy. Universal Publishing Tbilisi. 2012. -330 p.
3. Paata Chaganava. Risk management. Publishing, Universal Publishing, Tbilisi. 2013. -340 p.
4. International scientific conference, Tourism: Economics and Business 2010, June 5-6, Batumi-Trabzon (collection).
5. International scientific conference, Tourism: Economics and Business 2011, June 4-5, Batumi.
6. International scientific conference, Sustainable Tourism: Economics and Business 2012, June 2-3, Batumi (collection).
7. International academic conference, Innovation in Tourism: Economics and Business 2013, June 8-9, Batumi-Trabzon (collection).
8. International scientific conference,, Tourism: Economics and Business "2014, July 5-6, Batumi-Khikhani Valley (collection).