Head of Department: Professor Vano Papunidze
Phone: st. Batumi 6010, St. Peter. # 6, Flat 21
E-mail: E-mail: Vano_papunidze@mail.ru
Agriculture, Environment, Forestry.
Overview of the Agroecology and Forestry Department
About the Department:
Currently there are 8 faculties working for the Department currently: 2 full professors, 3 associate professors and 3 assistant professors, 9 adjunct instructors, who contribute to the educational and scholarly activities.
Academic Head of Department: Prof. Vano Papunidze .
The department offers the following programs:
1. BA degree program:
Forestry – educational program director Academic Head of Department Professor Vano Papunidze;
Agroecology- program directors Associate Professors Daredjan Jashi, Avtandil Murvanidze.
2. MA degree program:
Agrarian Technologies - educational program director - Associate Professor Shota Lominadze
Research topics and study priorities of the Department: ecology, forestry, agriculture, environmental issues, plant protection.
1. N. Nakashidze, D. Jashi. Organic Agriculture. Batumi 2013.
2. V. Papunidze et al. Didactics on Agricultural Production, Applicable Recommendations to Aid Beginning Farmers, Suggestions to those Interested in the Revival of the Georgian Village. National Academy of Sciences. 2012.
3. N. Alasania, N. Lomtatidze, N. Nakashidze. Use of Natural Resources and Sustainable Development of the Environment, Batumi 2011.
Department and funded by the following grants were obtained:
1. 2012 – 2014, State grants “Mathematical modeling of bio-system and its usage in integrated protection of citruses”, Participant.
2. USAID funded grant – EPI (Economic Policy of Increase). 2012-2014 (Program of tangerine production). Trainer.