Dr. Mariam Metreveli - Chief Researcher, scientific chairperson of the board
Phone: 557 02 77 99; 577 14 54 15
E. Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research interests: biodiversity. Study of flora. Hamamelidaceae Lindl.
Ecological and floristic analysis of natural / environmental distribution areas of species, ,Life forms of invasive herbaceus plants of the South Colchis; Exotic plants in the Botanical Garden of Batumi.
Researcher, scientific secretary at the Scientific Council the Institute
PhD student at the Faculty of Technology, Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University;
Research fellow at the Institute of Phytopathology and Biodiversity, Department of Genetics Resilience.
Research interests: Evaluation of wheat Germplasm for resistance to stem rust, wheat stripe rust research.
1. National Science Foundation grant project # 31/73 ‘Plant Pathogenic microorganisms creating the national culture collection’. 2013-2015; Key personnel.
2. Partnership project of the International Scientific and Technical Center and the UK’s Ministry of Defence. Collaborator - Great Britain's Food and Environment Agency study. Topic: Georgia Rural Development: study of Agricultural crops to improve their disease resistance in Georgia and South Caucasian countries’. Grant Agreement №G - 1775p. Project implementation period: December, 2009 - March, 2012.
3. International Project (SRO / GLO / *) # / CRN) - `Wheat Durability’ - " Global Cereal Rust Monitoring "2009-2013. Project participant.
4. National Science Foundation project (# 308) `Georgia imported and adapted forms of wheat: study of indicators to determine yield, disease resistance and quality interrelation’ 2009-2010. Project participant.
Dr. Avtandil Meskhi - - Candidate of Biological Sciences
Senior Research Fellow, Department of Biodiversity Monitoring and Conservation.
Research interests: innovative sustainable and safe technologies for the development of the agricultural sector, subtropical agriculture; plant introduction and agricultural machinery.
1.The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) project ‘Economic Prosperity Initiative’ (EPI) – Citrus Production Training Program. Scientific consultant. 2012-2014.
2. Ministry of Agriculture program - Fruit tree crops (kiwi, persimmons, tangerines, cranberries, nuts, walnuts); Providing farmers with plants and support. " 2013. Author.
3. The Ministry of Agriculture program ‘Vegetable Crops’ (cucumbers, tomatoes, pepper, eggplant) Securing farmers' with elite planting material and support.’2013. Author.
4. Partnership project of the International Scientific and Technical Center and the UK’s Ministry of Defence. Collaborator - Great Britain's Food and Environment Agency study. Topic: Georgia Rural Development: Agriculture Crops to improve their disease resistance
study in Georgia and South Caucasian countries’. Grant Agreement №G - 1775p. Project implementation period: December, 2009 - March, 2012. Project’s key personnel.
5. The World Bank Sponsored project ‘Georgian Agriculture Development Projects Coordination Center Agreement LS-P-09-208, 3 July, 2009. Demonstration to farmers of improved agricultural activities and new technology to citrus farming.
Dr. Zoia Sikharulidze - Head of Department of Genetics of Resistance
Institute of Phytopathology, Biodiversity Monitoring and Biodiversity at Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University.
Scientific Council member.
Research Interests: Phytopathology
Tel .: 599 48 28 08
1.National Science Foundation grant project # 31/73 . Creating national collection of plants pathogenic culture microorganisms "-2013-2015tsts.
2. The International Scientific and Technical Center (ISTC) Partnership Project (# G-
1775p) Promotion of agriculture: Improving agricultural crops, through the study of their disease endurance level in Georgia and South Caucasus; 2009 -2011; Scientific director of the project;
3. International Project (SRO / GLO / *) # / CRN) - `Wheat Durability’ - " Global Cereal Rust Monitoring; Leading researcher; 2009-2013 years.
4. The project of the National Science Foundation (# 308) _ `Georgia imported and adapted forms of wheat: study of indicators to determine yield, disease resistance and quality interrelation’. 2009 - 2010 years. Key personnel.
Galina Meparishvili - Chief Researcher, Head of Department of Plant Diseases Monitoring, Diagnostics and Molecular Biology.
Academic degree: Doctor of Biology.
Institute of Phytopathology, Biodiversity Monitoring and Biodiversity at Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
E. Mail: email@example.com
Research interests: Plant quarantine, Plant diseases, Phytopathology, Plant protection, Molecular Biology
Dr. Gia Bolkvadze – Senior research fellow, Department of Biodiversity Monitoring and Conservation.
Academic degree: Doctor of Biology. Plant ecomorphology (Botany)
Tel: (+99599) 319112
Professor Dr. Goradze Rezo - University position: Senior research fellow, Department of Kolkheti Peatbogs and Water Ecosystems Conservation, Institute of Phytopathology and Biodiversity at Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University.
Scientific Council Member of the Institute.
Phone: (+99593) 33 99 13; 7 50 68.
E-mail: rezo_ goradze @ yahoo. Com
University position: Shota Rustaveli
State University of Phytopathology and Biodiversity
Colchis and water ecosystems Conservation Institute torpnarebisa
Head of Department. Scientific Council of the Institute
Zoology, Hydrobiology, Fish Biology, aquaculture, mariculture, industrial fisheries Hydromechanics, marine, fish farming, Planning and management, animal ecology, fish ecology, Zoogeography, fish breeding and genetics, environmental monitoring, Expertise, forecast; Environmental and economic impact analysis; Black Sea and landscapes biodiversity, conservation and security; Sea mammals bio-ecology, conservation, management. Black Sea dolphin behavior, adaptation and rehabilitation.
COORDINATING REASEARCH in SUPPORT TO APPLICATION OF EAF and MANAGEMENT ADVISE in the MEDITERRANEAN and BLACK SEAS (CREAM), 2011-2013.