Department of Tourism
Head: Associate Professor Ekaterine Bakhtadze
Department of Tourism is a major educational, academic and scientific structural unit consisting of the academic personnel and assisting staff from the tourism industry, as well as by the invited specialists.
The academic staff of the Department is composed of 4 associate professors and 4 assistant professors. The task force consists of the adjunct professors, professional practitioners and international experts.
Professional Educational Programs:
• Hotel proceedings - 10 months (IV level, 1 national exam)
• Hotel proceedings - 10 months (III stage of secondary education)
• Restaurant proceedings - 4 months (III stage of secondary education)
The educational program - Tourism - 4 years.
The educational program (minor) - Tourism - 2 years.
• Forming of a Tourism Cluster and study of regional competitiveness;
• Advancement of effective measures for promotion Georgian tourism product in the international market;
• Development strategies and formation of ecological tourism;
• Determination of the travel company's competitiveness;
• Forming a mechanism for innovative development of tourism organizations;
• Forming an organizational and economic basis for the regional tourism development;
• Development of instrument for advancement integrated marketing communications to advance the tourism product;
• Development of methodological background for formation and implementation of innovative tourism products;
• Adoption of measures to improve the competitiveness of the agricultural tourism;
• Formation and implementation of wine tourism system development.
1 Charles R. Goeldner, J. R. Brent Ritchie Tourism: Principles, Practices, Philosophies, 12th edition, 554 pages. Translated into Georgian, Batumi Shota Rustaveli Publishing, 2013.
2. Paata Chaganava. Tourism policy. Universal Publishing Tbilisi. 2012. -330 p.
3. Paata Chaganava. Risk management. Publishing, Universal Publishing, Tbilisi. 2013. -340 p.
4. International scientific conference, Tourism: Economics and Business 2010, June 5-6, Batumi-Trabzon (collection).
5. International scientific conference, Tourism: Economics and Business 2011, June 4-5, Batumi.
6. International scientific conference, Sustainable Tourism: Economics and Business 2012, June 2-3, Batumi (collection).
7. International academic conference, Innovation in Tourism: Economics and Business 2013, June 8-9, Batumi-Trabzon (collection).
8. International scientific conference, Tourism: Economics and Business 2014, July 5-6, Batumi-Khikhani Valley (collection).