Faculty of Economics and Business was re-established as an independent high educational unit at Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University in 2014 as a result of reorganization of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Business and Law.
However, its history dates back to 1996 when the Faculty of Economics was first founded in 1996 at Batumi State University. Since its inception, the Faculty was dedicated to the development of teaching methodology and curriculum development.
Batumi State University has always been dedicated to the new opportunities for the development of university education. Hence, the University provided full support to expand and strengthen teaching and research activities at the Faculty of Economics and Business.
So, why the need for the establishment of the Faculty of Economics and Business?
- First of all, it symbolizes the modernization of our University.
- Our new, market-oriented educational programs (BA, MA, PhD) needed adequate organizational structure;
- The international relations, partnership and collaboration also needed more relevant platform for further development;
- The benefits we expect will reflect demand for qualified economists and entrepreneurs.
- We train those who will practice the creative use of Economy and Finances in their careers.
We use modern theories of teaching and research skills, and involve our students in the discussions on the fundamental economic problems.
We are proud to contribute to the future of economics and business studies.
Faculty of Economics and Business recently signed Memorandum of Understanding with the Batumi City Hall to admit students of the Faculty for internship;
Professors of FEB will support municipal financial and economic capacity building and hold trainings for the officers.